The Geom Collection is a set of small coffee tables with geometric shape tops made entirely from recycled plastic bags.
- Eco-Board is a process to recycle plastic bags and plastic scrap (cups, plates, cutlery, CD's, toothpaste tubes, tetrapak juice & milk packages) into plastic panel boards.
- Eco-Board was invented by Cedar Environmental, a Lebanese environmental and industrial engineering organization.
- Eco-Boards are meant to replace wood or steel boards in most construction applications. Used for fencing or prefabricated house modules.
- A typical Eco-Board weighs about 15 kilograms and diverts about 2500 shopping plastic bags from ending up in a landfill or scattered on roads and forests.
- Eco-Boards are manufactured without any chemical or industrial additives. They are entirely made from reclaimed plastic bags. They are resin free and chemicals free.
They have been processed at high temperatures to kill all potential pathogens. Eco-Boards are considered "sterilized" grade.
- Each GEOM coffee table will have 300 grs. worth of Eco-Board or about 50 plastic bags.
- Each GEOM coffee table is UNIQUE since the pattern of Eco-Board is completely random; there are no identical GEOM Tables.
- Currently, Cedar Environmental is developing the process of making Eco-Boards to rely solely on alternative/renewable energy.
Update: Pictures of the event are shown in this slideshow: